Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What to (ex)pack when you're (ex)packing...

Travel light.

I remember when Fly FM used to tell us to always unpack half the stuff we pack, because majority always over pack. Actually, most girls would. Luckily, we're not most girls.

My last backpack trip, about 5 years ago saw me wearing my pagoda shirt several times without washing. All I did was air dry em', unless we were in a place long enough for me to simply rinse and dry it out. As for Jules? Well, she apologised in advance, telling me not to be disgusted. I guess we're pretty much on the same page in this.

Oh, but we are going through different climates, thankfully no where near winter though. Phew!

A friend recently commented and advised us to bring rain jackets and waterproof shoes. Man, shoes are the weight of the world when you're trying to pack light! Don't think we have much of a choice though, better to carry weights than to have drenched feet. I experienced that in autumn before, not fun at all.

Damn, I'm tryna minimize on costing on pre-travel stuff, after all we are traveling responsibly ya' know. Leaving as little carbon footprint as we can, buying new gear sure ain't helping. Let's see how we can go around it! Speaking of trying not to buy new stuff, there is an item I actually can't not buy.

Remember I asked for tips on peeing in China? Well, I went and got myself an apparatus that would allow me to pee standing up, just like you boys. hah!


 I surely can't be using a recycled peeing apparatus now, can I? Of course, I didn't get it in bright pink!! Actually, maybe China will surprise me and have doors and super clean public loos. Hah!

How else can a girl pack light? How do you pack light?


2 comments:

  1. I usually pack a max of 12 kgs...well, because I'm tiny. The easiest way to pack light is usually to use smaller backpacks. 35L + 10 backpacks are light and could be flung into any nooks you choose. Heavy shoes can be worn while flipflops can be packed and be tucked at the side of your backpack. Ponchos for runners are usually light, bright and foldable. You can always wear it on top of a jacket. Sarongs can be useful if you need to pee in the public. You could also use it as a scarf, a cushion or a blanket. Mini packets of laundry powder can come in handy whenever you need to wash your clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and sarongs could be protective sheets against bed bugs!

    ReplyDelete